Keller United Methodist Church is committed to serving and connecting our congregation and our neighbors in ways that build healthy communities.
What we are already doing:
• Fund and provide trained volunteers for our Kids Hope mentoring ministry.
• Fund and provide trained volunteers for our Backpack Supplemental Weekend Food program for three local elementary schools.
• Provide our neighbors assistance in signing up for social services as trained volunteers for Texas Health and Human Services Community Partner Program.
• A portion of fund collected during Christmas Eve worship 2017 are being used to renovate the Hallelujah Center to prepare space for the KUMC Resource Center.
Our plans for the future:
• Open the Keller UMC Resource Center’s food pantry and become a food resource for individuals, families and the elderly (without zip code restrictions) who currently go unserved or underserved in our community.
• As we get to know clients of our food pantry, we can learn of other needs and connect them with resources we have or with partner agencies.
How can I help?
• Make monetary donations to Keller UMC designated for the Resource Center.
• As the Resource Center expands, volunteer your time and energy to stock food shelves and assist clients in making food selections.
For more information on the KUMC Resource Center and Food Pantry, contact Pastor Page Hines.