October 21-November 5
Pick up a shopping list at the Welcome Desk beginning October 14 and shop for any or all items on the list. (Feel free to bring more than one of a particular item if you wish to purchase in bulk.) Items will be accepted in the Sanctuary through November 5. The annual Shared Blessings food drive benefits our neighbors served by United Community Centers and the Community Storehouse who are experiencing food insecurity this holiday season. It is one way we Connect with God's Family so the world may experience Christ's love.
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 2 cans of corn
- 2 cans of green beans
- 2 6-ounce packages of stuffing mix
- 2 cans of yams
- 1 box of tea bags
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 can cake frosting
- 2 cans of fruit (not pie filling)
- $10 gift card to be used for meats from any grocery store
Feeling neighborly? Want your neighbors to know Keller UMC is a place that cares for our community?
- Grab an extra list from the Welcome Desk in the Narthex/lobby and place it in a grocery bag.
- Think of a neighbor to approach to participate. As you walk to his or her door, say a prayer: "Dear God, thank you for this community and especially for this neighbor. Help me to share your love in this encounter so together we can help feed the children of our community. Amen."
- Knock and invite your neighbor to participate in our annual food drive. Offer to collect the donation or invite your neighbor to worship. Simply leave the information with a note if no one answers.
- Return on the day you arranged to pick up the food donation. Bring to the Sanctuary.
- Repeat with as many neighbors as you like!
For more information, contact Janna Elliott.