Now:

Remaining focused on our purpose of “Connecting God’s family by knowing, loving, and serving so that the world might experience Christ’s love,” in 2013, our congregation responded faithfully to the growing ministries of our church community by launching a Building Connections campaign. Initial work on the parking areas began in April 2014. The new building, called the Discipleship and Administration Center, was completed in May 2016. The new spaces provided through the Building Connections campaign support our local and global ministries with additional parking spaces, new group meeting spaces, staff offices and the Youth Activity Center.

Then:

The history of the Keller United Methodist Church reflects a community of faith that has, for over a century, stayed true to God’s Word and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Our history lends purpose, credibility and excitement to the present and future of God’s Church. Our history began in 1897 meeting in the Union Church, where Presbyterians, Baptists and Methodists from Keller worshiped on different Sundays. The Union Church building was damaged by a severe storm in 1912. In 1913, Mrs. C. T. Whitley (“Mother Whitley”) donated property on Olive Street for the Keller Methodist Church, where the members constructed a 28 x 40 foot wooden frame church. In 1933, we added a 21 x 21 foot structure for Sunday School space, and in the early 1940’s stained glass windows replaced the original windows in the wooden structure. In 1946, Rev. R. V. Holt became the first full station pastor with a membership of 126. A small parsonage was purchased and the Sunday School space was enlarged by the addition of an old army barrack purchased for $1.00.

In June of 1968, Keller Methodist Church became the First United Methodist Church of Keller. In 1973, we built a brick sanctuary on Pecan Street, and the stained glass windows were moved to the new location. In 1986, we purchased 8 acres of land on Johnson Road along with land donated by Jim and Peggy Gean. In 1993, we broke ground and completed the construction of the Family Life Center (FLC) with a membership of 767, and the vision of building a sanctuary in the future. In 1999, we purchased acreage adjacent to the FLC, which included several buildings; one became the Hallelujah Center to meet the needs for growing Sunday School Classes. In 2001, we purchased additional acreage and a home, which has become a youth gathering place and we completed a (700-seat) sanctuary with a membership of 900. In 2012, we celebrated 115 years together as a United Methodist congregation.